New Intiatives of India Post -Touching lives in many ways
Wednesday, July 08, 2015
SWACHH BHARAT MISSION IN DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
A National Cleanliness Drive of Post Offices emanated as action point as a result of Secretary, Department of Posts’ presentation before the Prime Minister on 24th June, 2014. The Drive resulted in considerable improvement in the state of cleanliness in Post Offices which have also been de-cluttered. Old time-barred records and unserviceable items including furniture and equipment have been removed and disposed off after following due process. In order to keep the Posts Offices clean, spotless and welcoming for public, all the Chief Postmasters General (CPMsG) have been instructed to continue to ensure cleanliness in all the Post Offices and also to have a Special Cleanliness Drive at least once every month in every Office.
After announcement of official launch of 'Swachh Bharat Mission'from 2nd October 2014 by Prime Minister and on receipt of instructions of first phase of cleanliness campaign (25th September -31st October, 2014), Secretary, Department of Posts initiated the Swachh Bharat campaign in the Department by holding a Video Conference with all the Chief Postmasters General on 25th September 2014.
|Hon'ble Minister of Communications and IT also visited Post Offices as part of the Swachh Bharat Campaign.The Minister personally instructed and guided the staff about the significance of keeping Post Offices clean.His visits enthused the postal staff in making the Post Offices clean.|
During the first phase of cleanliness campaign (25th September -31st October, 2014) following activities were undertaken by the Department of Posts:
i. "SwachhtaShapath" was administered on 02nd October, 2014 to all Officers and Staff in the headquarters of this Department and at the field levels.
ii. National Postal Week (observed every year from 09th October to 15th October) was dedicated to Swachh Bharat Mission this year, with emphasis on creating awareness amongst employees and public about cleanliness.
iii. Shramdaan for cleaning postal premises and awareness programmes for employees and public were organized in all the Postal Circles.
iv. Senior Officers visited Offices across the country to monitor the "National Cleanliness Campaign". Progress was also regularly monitored through Video Conferencing with Heads of Circles.
In order to prepare the Five Year Action Plan (upto 2nd October, 2019) for Department of Posts in respect ofSwachh Bharat Mission, a Task Force was constituted on 26th September, 2014 under the Chairmanship of Member (Postal Services Board). The Five Year Action Plan, which includes One Year Action Plan (from 02.10.2014 to 01.10.2015) and next Four Year Action Plan (from 02.10.2015 to 02.10.2019), of Department of Posts has been prepared and communicated to the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, the nodal Ministry for Swachh Bharat Mission. All the concerned Officers in the Department have also been instructed to implement the Action Plan(s) in a time-bound manner. The Action Plan(s) have also been uploaded in the e-Sameeksha Portal of Cabinet Secretariat i.e. http://cabsecmis.gov.in/. Monthly updates on Swachh Bharat Mission for Department of Posts would be uploaded on India Post website.
NEW INITIATIVES: PARCEL & e COMMERCE
Emerging eCommerce market is being perceived as a business opportunity by the Department of Posts to increase its revenue receipts. Department of Posts has rationalised its offering in Parcel segment and is positioning Speed Post, a premium product for eCommerce solution. Further, Cash-on-Delivery facility was also introduced to cater the needs of eCommerce companies. Following are the initiatives taken by the Department in this regard:.
Network coverage for Express Parcel expanded w.e.f. 01.11.2014 for booking and delivery across the country, thereby providing a faster, safe and secure mode of transmission for parcels.
Statement of Intent for co-operation was signed with snapdeal.com (M/s Jasper Info Tech) and shopclues.com (M/s Clues Network) on the occasion of ‘Business Development Day’ (14th October 2014) during ‘National Postal Week’
Tie-ups have been made with various eCommerce players viz. Flipkart.com, Myntra.com, Snapdal.com, StarCJ etc. to provide distribution and Cash on Delivery services.
Pilot has been started in Mumbai and Bangalore with M/s Amazon.in for providing next day assured deliver of Speed Post articles through identified Post Offices.
For further horizontal integration in emerging eCommerce market, Department of Posts is in process of developing a pilot to provide online sale facilities for rural artisans.
As a result of continuous monitoring and review of service features, services of Department of Posts has become first choice for the customers. While conducting audit of ‘Project Arrow’ Post Offices, P & T audit carried an independent survey and concluded that the “Speed Post services of the DoP fares better than the services provided by private courier services”. There are many web based reviews/ blogs on India Post eCommerce initiatives e.g. Shopnix eCommerce training blog ranks India Post as number one among eCommerce courier companies with an overall score of 3.9/5.
NEW INITIATIVES: PHILATELY
Department of Posts has taken a number of new initiatives to provide marketing impetus and to promote Philately:
1) Online sale of Philatelic products through e-post office and e-commerce website. In this context, an agreement was signed with Snap deal and online sale through Snap deal website was started on 29.08.2014. Since its inception in late August till November end, philatelic products worth over 5.5 lakhs, have been sold through Snap deal.
2) A Postal fair was organized at Delhi Haat on 11th -12th October 2014 which had the following attractions:- An exhibition wall with theme wise stamp prints, an emcee, dressed as a postman was engaging visitors in postal and philately trivia like quiz, sit & draw competition, tattoo artist designing stamps on hands and arms.
Complimentary balloons with India Post logo stamp design were distributed to children, short skits were performed every hour on the role, importance and need of postal services in our daily lives etc.
3) National Philatelic tours cum workshops were organized from 09th-15th October 2014 and December 2014, to generate interest about philately amongst the Younger Generation. More than 18 schools in Delhi participated in the workshop and numbers of footfalls were encouraging. Besides, students have been actively involved in the workshops, Short Films, Quizes all over the country. Painting Competitions on the theme of Philately were the main attraction points for the school children.
4) Other initiatives taken by the philately division, include making booklets on various themes such as art and culture, flowers, children books and eminent personalities like Gandhi, Nehru & Indian Musicians etc.
5) Nation-wide stamp-design competitions on “people-centric” themes were held and stamps on the theme “Swachh Bharat” were released by the Department in January 2015. Further, a Notification for stamp-design competition on the theme “Women Empowerment” has been issued. The last date of receipt of entries is 15.04.2015. A commemorative postage stamp on this theme is proposed to be release in August/September 2015. The detailed notification is available in India Post website i.e. http://www.indiapost.gov.in/
6)The National Philatelic Museum located at Sansad Marg, New Delhi has been included in the itinerary of HOHO (Hop on Hop off) buses operated by Delhi Tourism Corporation for tourists visiting Delhi. An advertisement of “My stamp” has also been given on the customer coupons of the HOHO Bus Tickets which the tourists can keep as a souvenir.
NEW INITIATIVES : POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE
India Posts provides Insurance Services to employees of Central and State Governments, Central and State PSUs, Nationalized and Scheduled Commercial Banks, as well as Government accredited financial institutions, Local Bodies, Universities & Government aided educational institutions, Credit Co-operative Societies, Joint Ventures having a minimum of 10% Govt./PSUs stake and Employees of institutions accredited by recognized bodies i.e. AICTE/MCI etc under Postal Life Life Insurance (PLI). Postal Life Insurance coverage is also extended to the Defence Services as well as Para-military Forces establishments. As on date, there are more than 6.2 million policies with aggregate sum assured of Rs.1,21,153.91 crores in PLI.
Besides, PLI organization also manages Group Insurance Policy for the Gramin Dak Sewaks of the Department called EDAGIS-1992 and GDAGIS-2010.
Postal Life Insurance (RPLI)
• Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) was introduced in 1995 as a sequel to recommendations of Malhotra Committee constituted for reforms in Insurance Sector and is mandated to provide affordable insurance coverage to rural population especially weaker sections and women workers. As on date there are more than 23.68 million RPLI policies with aggregate sum assured of more than Rs. 1,58,901.36 crores.
Post a Comment