Brief Report on the Joint Meeting dated 13.01.2023 of Confederation and AISGEF, Odisha State CoC held in Bhubaneswar GPO
As per the Notice issued by Confederation Odisha State CoC, the Joint Meeting of the Confederation of Central Govt. Employees and Workers and All India State Govt. Employees Federation, Odisha State Coordination Committee was successfully conducted on 13.01.2023 in the premises of Bhubaneswar GPO.
AISGEF / OSGE CoC
Com. R N Dhal
Pratap Ku. Mohanty
Com. C R Pattnaik
Kanhu. Ch. Mallick
Secretary and NEB Member
Com. B Samal
Kshetra Mohan Das
Com. J K Mishra
Inst. of Physics
Pratap Ch. Mishra
Com. D R Mohanty
Com. Bimal Pr. Das
Com. Bishnu Pr. Das
Special Attendance from AIRF
Com. MCS Rao
Com. Sunil Mitra
General Secretary, ECoRSU 4
Com. Iswar Sahoo
Com. Fani B. Tripathy
Com. Srikant Mallick
Com. R P Ray Mohapatra
Com. Somanath Nayak
At the outset, Com. B Samal, General Secretary, Confederation Odisha State CoC briefed the minutes of the joint convention of Confederation and AISGEF held in New Delhi on 8th December, 2022 and the proceedings of the 2nd meeting of NJCA, State Govt. Organizations, Teachers' Organizations and Paramilitary Pensioners' Association on scrapping of NPS and restoration of OPS held in New Delhi on 07.01.2023.
Com. Samal appealed the leadership to take forward the unanimous decision of the Confederation and AISGEF by organizing several agitational programmes throughout the State of Odisha in coming days including a State level joint convention.
All the above leaders shared their views and the following decisions were taken.
1. The State Level Joint Convention of Confederation and AISGEF will be organized in Bhubaneswar tentatively on 5th February, 2023.
2. Com. J K Mishra was requested to finalize the venue and explore the possibility if the auditorium of Institute of Physics will be available on the above date for the purpose failing which other location will be tried.
3. All the leaders will try to motivate at least 200 members to attend the proposed Convention. 100 members from each organization, i.e. from Confederation and AISGEF will participate.
4. Tentative expenditure will be shared on 50:50 basis by Confederation and AISGEF, Odisha State CoC.
5. Respective organizations will fix their quota of members and contribution of the affiliates for the purpose.
6. The quota fixed for the respective organizations should reach Com. D R Mohanty, Treasurer and LSG Supervisor, Ashoknagar Mukhya Dak Ghar, Bhubaneswar – 751 009 by 25th January, 2023.
7. The leaders of AISGEF, Odisha State CoC will talk to Com. Shree Kumar, Secretary General, AISGEF and confirm his attendance in the convention as decided by CHQ.
8. If required, another meeting will be held in the last week of January, 2023 to finalize the programmes in detail.
9. The meeting was also attended by Com. Sunil Mitra, General Secretary, ECoRSU 4 (East Coast Railway Shramik Union) (AIRF) with an invitation to attend their special meeting in Rail Auditorium, Bhubaneswar on 18.01.2023 which will be addressed especially on restoration of OPS and scrapping up of NPS by Com. Shiv Gopal Mishra, General Secretary, AIRF and Chairman, National Joint Council of Action. As discussed with Com. Mitra, NJCA, Odisha will be revived to accelerate the movements of the employees and workers in Odisha.
The leadership of all the affiliated organizations are sincerely requested to attend the meeting in Rail Auditorium, Bhubaneswar at 10 AM on 18.01.2023 with their representatives in huge number. There is provision for lunch.
Besides, many members from NFPE, Income Tax, GSI, State Govt., other than the office bearers of the CoC had also attended the meeting.
The meeting was jointly presided by the Com. R N Dhal and Com. P K Mohanty, President of the Confederation and AISGEF, Odisha State CoC respectively.
The vote of thanks was given by Com. D R Mohanty, Treasurer, Confederation Odisha State CoC.
The meeting was nicely arranged by NFPE, Bhubaneswar Division. I record my sincere thanks to all the NFPEians of Bhubaneswar Division and the leadership of all affiliated organizations of Confederation and AISGEF who did participate in the meeting.
= Bruhaspati Samal =