Sub: Implementation of Recommendations of Shri R.S.Nataraja Murti Committee – Revision of Wage Structure of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
This has the reference to this Directorate Order of even number dated 09th October 2009 on the subject cited above.
2. It is clarified that the existing incumbents may be placed in the replacement TRCA slabs corresponding to the pre-revised TRCA. New TRCA slab corresponding to 87.5 Points, 112.5 Points and up to 125 Points in r/o GDS Branch Postmasters has to be assessed afresh with reference to the workload.
Assistant Director General (GDS / PCC)
Revision of wage structure of GDS
CHQ Letter No. 1-1/RR-GDS-1 dated 12.11.2009 to the DDG (Estt.), Department of Posts, New Delhi.
Sub: - Revision of wage structure of GDS
Ref: - Your letter No. EST/GDS/RSNM/Commission/08 dated 16.10.09
In para 2 of Annexure V of the above referred order, it is stated that the respective Authorities shall fix the TRCA of all the GDS working under their jurisdiction with reference to their existing work load, basic TRCA drawn as on 1-1-2006 and send the names of GDS with statement of fixation o f TRCA as on 1-1-2006 as per given formula and also intimate the annual increases up to the date of issue of orders to the DDOs.
In this letter no orders were issued for fixation of the TRCA of those GDS officials who’s TRCA was revised after 1.1.2006. Some Divisional Heads interpreting the work “existing work load” as work load as on date of revision i.e., after 1-1-2006 and fixing the new TRCA in the new slabs as per the work load, whether it may be 3rd, 4th or 5th. Some divisional heads are interpreting the same work, as work load as on 1-1-2006 and fixing the TRCA as per the TRCA drawn as on 1-1-2006 and allowing three increments and no refixation is being done on the date of revision in pre revised scale. If the intention of the Department is to fix TRCA as per the TRCA drawn as on1-1-2006, there is no need to add the words existing work load.
This ambiguity needs to be removed and specific orders should be issued.There must be specific orders, on how to fix the TRCA of those GDS officials whose TRCA was revised after 1-1-2006. NEW RECRUITS -- In para 2.1 it was stated s, the TRCA to GDS engaged on or after 1-1-2006 shall be fixed at the minimum of the revised TRCA slab from the date of their engagements. In para 3 it was stated as “the fixation will be done at the minimum of the New TRCA slab applicable as on their date of engagement. What is meant by slab applicable? Whether it is as per the work load of that Post? If it is so, if the work load of a B.O is 125 points whether a new recruiter can be given minimum TRCA of the 5th Scale? Orders without any ambiguity may be got issued.
STAGNATION--- Some BPMs are already stagnating in 1st TRCA. This is happening because some GDS SVs in pre revised 2nd scale were redeployed as BPMs with pay protection. After new fixation they are now at stagnation stage.
WORK LOAD CALCULATION--- Till date the work load of the GDS is being calculated on the existing norms only. Many GDS BPMs, TRCA is revised from 1st to 2nd TRCA after 1-1-2006 as the work load of NREGS is taking into calculation. As till date no norms are revised, all the GDS officials TRCA should be fixed based on the existing work load and there should not be any ceiling on pay slabs. Fixing of ceiling 3rd scale to BPMs is quite injustice.
If at all the Department implements, the date of effect should be prospectively and not retrospective from 1-1-2006.
Reply received from the Department vide letter No. 6 – 1/m2009- PE.II dated 04th Jan2010
I am directed to refer to your letter No. 1-1/RR-GDS-1 dated 12.11.2009 on the above subject. 2. The issues raised have been examined.
(i) The term ‘existing workload’ referred to in the order dated 09-10-09 indicates the workload of GDS as on the date of implementation of the orders i.e 01-01-06 but not the workload as on date of the re-fixation. The orders are very clear that the revised TRCA for GDS working as on 31-12-05 will be in the replacement slabs only. The slabs recommended for BPMs for 3.5 hours, 4.5 hours and 5 hours will be for future increase/ revision as per the revised norms of the workload in point system
(ii) In regard to BPMs whose TRCA was Rs.1600-40-2400 will be replaced by Rs.3660-70-5760 as approved by the Government.
(iii)In regard to BPM, whose TRCA is revised to second TRCA after 01-01-06, their TRCA has to be fixed in the replacement slab of Rs.3660-70-5760 from the date of revision as per the fixation method, but not in ant other slab.
3. In respect of GDS who were recruited after 01-01-06, their TRCA has to be fixed at the minimum of the new slab indicated depending upon the workload on the date of his appointment. For example, if the Branch Postmaster is having a workload up to 75 points only, the new TRCA will be at the minimum of Rs.2745-50-4245. The same principle has to be adopted for other categories of GDS in fixation.
4. The Branch Postmaster stagnating at the maximum of the first TRCA, their allowance has to be fixed as per the method approved in the replaced TRCA. If the fixation results in the more than maximum of the replaced TRCA, it has to be restricted to maximum of the new revised TRCA.
5. Your contention that the allowances of GDS have to be fixed based on the existing workload as on the date of re-fixation is not correct. The TRCA has to be re-fixed as on the workload on 1-01-06 only. The TRCA proposed for BPMs for 3.5 hours, 4.5 hours and 5 hours are for future revision of TRCA based on the revised norms. Orders for revision of norms for cash handling at Rs.20000 for 1 point have already been issued.
6. This issues with the approval of DDG (Establishment)